Summer Journal Prompts 2024: Part 1

Summer Series Journal Prompts- Part 1

1. What are my favorite sounds and smells of summer? How do they evoke positive memories and emotions? 🌞

Although not a huge fan of bugs, the sounds of buzzing summer insects and the quietness of the lightning bugs just say summer to me. The smell of freshly cut grass ready for play or lounging and the sound of motorboats flowing through the nearby river waters are pleasant and storybook-like. There’s also something about catching a summer sunset or sunrise that’s soothing and quiet. Those few moments right before the world rests and wakes give me the feeling of hope for a new day dawning.

Photo by Pixabay

2. What are my top three intentions for this summer, and how will they help me prioritize self-care? ðŸŒž

My top three intentions this summer are to prioritize boundaries, rest, and creativity. I'll be starting coursework this fall to complete my associate's degree, so establishing boundaries around my availability and time for studying will be important in this next season. Additionally, setting boundaries for when and how I rest, as well as ensuring I have space for creativity in my other projects and handmade work, is essential for me to feel complete and satisfied in life.

Photo by Achim Bongard

3. What are my favorite ways to relax during the summer months? How can I incorporate these into my weekly routine? ðŸŒž

Walks in nature and enjoying the city and nearby towns, where many local shops and farmers markets are blossoming, are the perks of summer relaxation for me. I always keep an eye out for my local farmers markets on Thursdays and plan to get back into visiting a local coffee shop that's still fairly new in the area. Every other week, I try to make a trip to a nearby city to catch up with friends. I also frequently visit Pennsylvania, where I have new friends and an associate circle that have become a significant part of my routine.

Photo by Karolina Kaboompics

4. What is my favorite recipe or food of the summer? How does it make me feel, and why do I enjoy it so much? ðŸŒž

I don't have a particular summer recipe, but I strive to keep my meals light and include fruits and vegetables often to stay hydrated. I prefer eating smaller meals that pair well on a charcuterie board, so I snack most of the day. My breakfasts are simple, usually avocado toast with an egg and a slice of tomato. Occasionally, I'll have a hot breakfast, but I find lighter options better in the summer's warmer temperatures. Let's not forget watermelon, a seasonal favorite!

Photo by Surene Palvie

5. Am I working on any creative projects this summer? Describe the project and how it helps me express myself and reduce stress. ðŸŒž

Yes! I have a few projects I'm working on this summer. One is a decluttering and garage sale project for 2nd Time Style, where I'll be selling gently used items to simplify and minimize my home space. The other project is for Create Season Studio, where I create handmade crafts. This summer and fall, I'll be designing bookmarks that resemble coffee (or hot chocolate) mugs with page mark tags. Both projects ignite my creative drive and passion. Decluttering helps me minimize unnecessary items, while the bookmarks aim to inspire readers to enjoy their own coffee or hot chocolate bookmark for their reading adventures.
Take time to journal about your own summer intentions, favorite activities, and projects. Being mindful of the joys you experience from season to season makes journaling relaxing and a creative way to express your thoughts about positive experiences.

Here are some actions you can take next:

  • If you found this post helpful, fuel my creativity and send me a coffee!
  • I'd love to have you learn more about and sign up for my newsletter email list
  • Browse my digital google site for free worksheets and guides.
  • Stop by my YouTube channel by handle @lalocreativity where I share life, creativity and intuitive tips connected to a thriving creative journey.

Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts