Reflections on "Margin": Reclaiming My Time & Energy


Reflections on "Margin": Reclaiming My Time and Energy!

In this blog, "margin" refers to the essential space, both physical and mental, that enables flexibility, rest, and intentional living amid life's demands.

In the midst of the chaos that seems to engulf our lives more each day, I felt compelled to hit record and share a few thoughts on a topic that's been weighing on my mind: margin. Specifically, the shrinking margin in our time, availability, and mental capacity.

| You can view the full video here

Recognizing the Shrinking Margin

I've noticed how the margin I once had for managing my time and mental space has significantly decreased. It's not just a personal observation; it seems to be a widespread phenomenon. Everywhere I look, in my community and beyond, people are grappling with the same issue. The capacity to push through challenges seems to be diminishing, and it's important to acknowledge this reality.

If you're feeling this squeeze on your time and energy, know that you're not alone. Many of us are in the same boat, navigating through circumstances that are far from normal. I recently reflected on how much of what we're dealing with isn't just difficult—it's abnormal. From systemic pressures to outdated structures, we're swimming in a sea of challenges.

| Also Read: Managing My Emotions About The Economy 

Speaking Up Despite Uncertainty

Despite not having all the answers, I've chosen to speak up about these struggles. It's a way for me to document this period in my life and hopefully shed light on shared experiences. How can we gauge progress if we don't openly discuss our challenges? By sharing our stories, we create space for understanding and growth. 

| Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

Balancing Responsibilities

As a single parent and head of household, finding margin isn't just a luxury—it's a necessity. There's a delicate balance between self-care and meeting daily obligations. While I believe in the importance of self-care, it's a luxury that many, including myself, struggle to afford in the hustle of everyday life.

Despite the overwhelming odds, I'm determined to carve out space for myself. It might mean reimagining my routines or making tough choices about priorities. But I refuse to succumb to despair. Instead, I'm embracing the challenge, seeking out glimmers of hope amidst the chaos.

| Also Read: 5 Steps To A New Routine (Mini-Tutorial)

Moving Forward Together

I share these thoughts not to dwell in self-pity but to connect with others who may be facing similar struggles. Together, we can navigate this uncertain terrain, supporting each other along the way. My hope is that by sharing my journey, I can offer a beacon of hope to those who need it most.

I'd like to reclaim my sense of margin this year! This means I'll want to radically change my routine and recenter my boundaries as well. Additionally, I'd like to have real examples to share on the YouTube Channel as I progress.

You May Also Like:

Thank you for lending me your ear and if my content resonates with you, I would love to have you on my monthly newsletter list.

Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts