Gratitude: When Life Feels So Difficult


Gratitude: When Life Feels So Difficult

When life gets tough, as it can feel like a lot these days, it’s easy to get stuck focusing on all the things that are going wrong. However, I'd like to take a moment to highlight all the things that I have done well and that are actually going right.

Taking the time to show gratitude during tough times is one of the bravest things a person can do. It's counterintuitive to how you feel, and we all know that feelings (always valid) can't always differentiate between fact, truth, and reality until we give them those labels.

Anyways, I've talked about glimmer moments before, and I want to connect them with my gratitude moment here in this blog post and on my YouTube Channel.

So, here's a random, no-particular-order list of several things I am grateful for:

Creating a new mood and vision board and placing it in a more visible spot has been a gentle reminder of the focus of this year. When I think I'm off track, I look at it and remind myself that I am growing into the things I asked for. Sometimes it will feel chaotic, but it will get better!

Pivoting my remote work to prioritize my creative work and focus first is a form of radical self-care for me. It feels counterintuitive at times when I think I should be more focused on money, but that way wasn't working for me! Doing life this way, I’m learning what my opportunities to make money are by giving my creativity a chance to bloom and show me what I’m great at.

Redefining my friendships and familial relationships has been a surprising upgrade this season. Being more vulnerable and open to gifts of help in whatever form they come has helped transform and deepen my relationships. Learning to trust myself to discern great relationships in my life helps me trust and give others a chance to be the friends I need as well.

Sticking to my writing and content flow every day! I can honestly say that I am a writer because I practice, practice, and practice again. Whether through my newsletter, my craft email list, social media, or even creating and crafting my outlines and notes, there isn't a day that goes by that I don’t make the effort to write something and I know that it will pay off the way I truly desire very soon.

Creating a home environment that's cozy and comfortable while maintaining order. I've learned to never underestimate the power of routines and systems to help manage the home. This includes reevaluating the things in the home and using decluttering systems too. I believe a well-managed home is a place you'll want to come back to over and over again. It's where your rest and rejuvenation should be a respite from the everyday bustling of the world.

Recognizing the perseverance needed to overcome financial hurdles during this season. Over the past few years, I've pivoted my budget, sought available resources, and worked towards new income goals after losing my job in the middle of the pandemic. This experience inspired me to write the guide "Losing Income Is the Worst and What to Do Next," aimed at helping others facing similar challenges. It takes courage to be vulnerable while forging ahead, but so far, I've overcome 100% of the challenges I've faced, and I believe this will continue. I refuse to give up.

Living in a smaller city has helped me remain in proximity to affordable living and offered a longer-term sustainable living option. This wasn't my first choice, but after a few years, it grew on me. I needed fewer distractions, a simple place to heal, and a place to tap back into my creative energy, which I'm happy to share has helped me launch my own personal art therapy-turned-hobby business, Create Season Studio.

Feeling less mystified by this season of motherhood. Having a young adult son and a teen daughter suits me. I loved when they were younger, but single motherhood when they were young took so much out of me. Now, although they need me in different ways, there's actually room for me too in the relationship dynamics, and it feels reciprocal to the degree that either of them want to engage. I'm fine with the space and closeness they are learning to define for themselves.

Final Thoughts

The fact that it took me a whole day to get this list together shows that I have a little more work to do to not allow myself to get stuck in the whirlwind of mind games and chatter that tends to point to all the things you don’t have and worst-case scenarios. I should be proud that I have managed to create and carve out a life for myself that I am actually proud of, regardless of the difficult times.


Here are some actions you can take next:

  • If you found this post helpful, fuel my creativity and send me a coffee!
  • I'd love to have you learn more about and sign up for my newsletter email list
  • Browse my digital google site for free worksheets and guides.
  • Stop by my YouTube channel by handle @lalocreativity where I share life, creativity and intuitive tips connected to a thriving creative journey.

Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts