The Story Behind Create Season Studio


The Story Behind Create Season Studio

You might not be aware, but I own and operate a small side business called Create Season Studio. This two-year-old venture was initially conceived as a thought seven years ago when I was searching for ways to soothe and heal my inner creative energy after facing numerous setbacks. I put the idea on the back burner at that time.

Fast forward to the end of 2020, I secured a temporary remote contract that provided me with the financial means to take a trip to a popular local retail craft and hobby store. For the first time, I could purchase an abundance of various craft materials, tools, and more without knowing exactly what I would create. Relying on my intuition and allowing my inner creative child to guide me, I wandered down several aisles, picking anything that piqued my interest. I left the store with various card stocks, yarn, coloring pencils, pens, paints, and more. It was exhilarating, and a new level of happiness reentered my spirit that had been dormant and repressed for so long. Unfortunately, it didn't last long.

As life, work, and the lingering pandemic unfolded, like many of us, I was thrown into a survival cycle. This cycle remained somewhat under the radar and unbeknownst to me until one stressful night and early morning when I couldn't sleep. Thinking about all the things I had to do, bills I needed to pay, and work that needed to be done to keep my little family afloat and secure in our home, I fell into a panic. While I had dabbled in crafts and created a few things prior to this, this night was different. I had to do... more. Leaving my bed and the discomfort of a horrible night's rest, I made my way downstairs to the craft closet and began crafting. Create Season Studio was officially manifested that night through a few handmade cards. A couple of months later (to be exact, five months later), I had created an ordering site and was showcasing my creations at my first Christmas marketplace.

| You May Also Like: 5 Reasons Crafting Is Good For You

Since then, I have consistently worked on fine-tuning and structuring the business, exploring different mediums for artistry and business planning to expand my creative capacity as a Craft Designer and artist. You can learn more about Create Season Studio on the microblog here.

I share this part of the journey because this is a common occurrence in the creative journey – the feeling of stagnancy, being lost, and, worst of all, experiencing anxiety in a turbulent season. But it was the intuitive nudge through that stressful late night that got me out of bed and to the craft table. It was that intuitive nudge to invest a portion of my earnings and pick up materials – a subconscious maneuvering to be prepared with the tools I needed for that particular night. It was also the intuitive knowing to accept the remote contract that presented itself quite rapidly at an unexpected time.


I believe there are bigger things in store for Create Season Studio in this context, as it has already shown me what creativity can do in my life. My hope is that as I continue to be guided by creative intuition, I might encourage and remind others what creativity can do for you if you embrace your own.

| Wish to stay in touch with Create Season Studio?  Add your information to the email list.

As I continue to navigate this creative journey, my goal is not only to craft beautiful creations but also to inspire others to listen to their creative instincts, for within that intuition lies the potential for personal growth, resilience, and the discovery of untapped possibilities. Create Season Studio is more than a business; it's a reminder that creativity is a powerful force that can guide us through the seasons of life.

Follow Me: Pinterest

If my content resonates with you, I would love to have you on my monthly newsletter list. 

Alternatively, you can also support me by buying me a coffee, helping to fuel my creativity and enabling me to grow and share more insights on this journey!

Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts