5 Ways To Reengage With Your Life


📬Get my monthly newsletter! (I send just one email per month) 

☕You can also buy me a coffee!

For those who feel that where they are right now is not enough, I am here to encourage a new narrative.
@acreativelifebynherie Challenging myself to re-engage with my life. #acreativelifebynherie #lalocreativity ♬ original sound - Nherie Berry


During my time away this month, certain conversations and personal thoughts triggered me, causing me to feel unsettled upon my return. As I attempted to settle back into my present life, I found myself feeling torn between my past experiences and my uncertain future. However, after some introspection, I made the definitive decision this morning to re-engage with my life in the present moment. Rather than worrying about where I might be in a year or attempting to plan out every step, which is impossible due to the unpredictability of life, I have decided to focus on the present and embrace the growth opportunities available to me right now.

As I look ahead, I see many pieces of the puzzle that are missing, making it difficult to determine the ultimate direction I should take. While I had been focusing on the future, I realized that there is not enough of it present in my current reality for me to make a certain decision. Therefore, I made the conscious choice to stop engaging with the future tense and focus on the here and now. I accept that this is where I am in life and that I have the right to re-engage with it. After waking up, I felt a renewed sense of purpose in staying where I am now, as there is still room for growth and healing.

Re-engaging with your own life means taking a step back from the routine and reflecting on what truly matters to you. It means rediscovering your passions, your values, and your goals. It means taking control of your life and making conscious decisions that will lead you in the direction you want to go.

Here are some areas to help you assess where you may need to re-engage with your life.

#1 Reevaluate your values and goals. 

Take some time to reflect on what's important to you. Write down your values and your long-term goals. This will give you a sense of direction and purpose. Rather than focusing on the specifics of how to accomplish it, take some time to write down your thoughts and evaluate how it resonates with you.

#2 Identify your passions.

Consider the things that bring you joy and fulfillment, such as hobbies, interests, or career aspirations. Take steps to incorporate these passions into your daily life, such as watching tutorials, reading books about the subject, or seeking out places where you can engage with others who share your interests.

#3 Take a little action.

Once you've identified your goals and passions, it's time to take action. Start small by setting achievable goals and taking steps towards them every day. For instance, if you have a love for dancing but lack formal training, consider taking your first step by signing up for a free introductory dance class.

#4 Increase your selfcare.

Prioritize self-care by setting aside dedicated time for yourself. Whether it's 30 minutes or an hour, try to schedule time for activities that bring you joy and relaxation, such as reading, taking a bath, or going for a walk.

#5 Connect with others.

Building connections with others can help you feel more connected to your own life. Spend time with family and friends, join a community group or volunteer organization, or simply make an effort to connect with others in your daily life. It's perfectly fine to venture out and meet new people on your own. Allow yourself to break out of old habits and patterns of going through life by yourself.

Watch my full Self-Talk video for more encouragement. #wellness #selfcare #mentalheath


Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts