How I Broke A Negative Self Talk Pattern


📬Get my monthly newsletter! (I send just one email per month) 

☕You can also buy me a coffee!

As I prepared to run errands on a day last month, I reflected on myself and my work. The mind can play tricks, planting seeds of doubt about our abilities and value. But I reminded myself of my progress and effort in achieving my goals. Celebrating even small successes is important. This realization gave me confidence to tackle the day ahead with renewed purpose.

| View the full video here

What was I thinking about?

Looking back on previous projects and collaborations, I realized that some were unproductive and unsuccessful. Despite my best efforts, I had to make the difficult decision to step away from projects that weren't moving forward. As a virtual assistant or project manager, it's frustrating when working with someone who isn't invested in their own project. It's important to recognize when it's time to move on and focus on projects that align with goals and have potential for success. #projectmanagement

I doubted myself and wondered if I could have done better in past collaborations. However, I realized that successful long-term collaborations were with individuals who were passionate and committed to their projects, and willing to provide the resources needed. Collaboration and mutual investment were the key to success. Moving forward, I will seek out individuals with similar drive and passion to achieve our goals together.

What I came to realize.

I realized I should acknowledge my accomplishments, including maintaining long-term partnerships. It's okay to accept when a project isn't right for you and focus on ones that align with your strengths and goals. As a contract worker, it's challenging to predict a project's success due to factors like stakeholder involvement and timelines. While asking more questions upfront may help, sometimes you won't know until you're in the project. Accepting this reality is important in project and contract work. #freelancertips

A reminder of what successful partnerships look like.

To maintain a successful and long-standing partnership, it's crucial to find the right fit. For example, I've been working with a client for years, and each season I assess whether the project is still a good match for me. I make adjustments accordingly, but we always continue to move the project forward. This ongoing partnership shows the importance of finding projects that align with my skills and goals, and by constantly assessing and adjusting, I can maintain successful partnerships with clients who share my vision and passion.

Final Thoughts

I want to clarify something: sometimes my mind can spiral into negative self-talk, but I refuse to let that happen anymore. I always give my best effort on every project I undertake, based on factors like scope, price, and timeline. If a project isn't a good fit, I set boundaries or respectfully decline. I won't beat myself up for past projects that didn't work out. #workingtips

I've let go of some projects that didn't align with my goals or values, and that's okay. I made decisions based on the information I had at the time and cut my losses when needed. No need to beat myself up over it now.


Comments

Want more info, have questions or want to work with me? Just drop me a line below!

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts